In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Bear in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Bear.
Here are some interesting facts about Bears you might find interesting.
- There are only eight living bear species.
- Common characteristics of modern bears include a large body with stocky legs, a long snout, shaggy hair, plantigrade paws with five nonretractile claws, and a short tail.
- With the exceptions of courting individuals and mothers with their young, bears are typically solitary animals.
- Bears use shelters such as caves and burrows as their dens.
- Most of the bear species sleep or hibernate through the winters.
To start drawing the Bear you’ll want to print this page or following the next 6 steps in sequence.
Step 1: Start by drawing the top portion of the head
Step 2: Sketch the nose
Step 3: Draw the top and rear of the Bear, add the rear foot.
Step 4: Add the ears and front legs and paw. Don’t forget to complete the rear leg.
Step 5: Draw the additional 2 legs and paws.
Step 6: Add the facial details and claws to each paw and you’re finished.
Here’s a really quick video on drawing a cartoon bear. The video goes pretty fast but you can stop it at each part if you decide you want to draw it.