How To Draw a Beaver
In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Beaver in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Beaver.
Here are some interesting facts about the Beaver you might find interesting.
- The Beaver is a primarily nocturnal, large, semi-aquatic rodent.
- They are known for building dams, canals, and lodges for their homes.
- Beavers are the second-largest rodents in the world.
- Beavers are slow on land, but are good swimmers and can stay under water for as long as 15 minutes.
- They have poor eyesight but a good sense of hearing, smell and touch.
Our simple Beaver illustration can be drawn in 6 easy step by step lesson.
Step 1: Begin by drawing the top portion of the head in a small curve.
Step 2: Round out the head by adding the lower jaw.
Step 4: Draw the upper portion of the body.
Step 5: Draw the lower underbelly and finish the paws.
Step 6: Add the remaining legs and paws.
Step 7: Start to draw the ears, eyes, nose and rear leg details.
Step 8: Add the final details and tail.
Here’s a fun video on how to draw a cartoon Beaver using paper and a pencil.