How To Draw A Cat
In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Cat in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Cat.
Here are some interesting facts about the Cat you might find interesting.
- Cats have a huge population of around 60 million in the United States alone.
- A skilled predator, the cat hunts using its excellent eyesight and hearing.
- Cats do not have the ability to taste sugar.
- Cats have excellent night vision and can function at only one-sixth the light level required for human vision.
- Cats have excellent hearing and can detect an extremely broad range of frequencies, from 55 Hz up to 79 kHz.
To start drawing the Cat you’ll want to print this page or following the next 6 steps in sequence.
Step 1: Draw the to of the head including the ear.
Step 2: Draw the back of the head towards the body.
Step 3: Sketch in the back of cat heading down to where the tail will be.
Step 4: Draw the front chest of the cat, front legs and rear hind leg.
Step 5: Complete the front and rear paws of the Cat.
Step 6: Add the Cats tail and you should have completed a simple drawing of a Cat sitting on all 4 legs.
Here’s an Example of how you can Shade the Cat:
Here’s a quick YouTube video on drawing a simple cat. Feel free to print this page and use it as a lesson.