How To Draw a Cheetah
In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Cheetah in 7 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Cheetah.
Here are some interesting facts about the Cheetah you might find interesting.
- It is the fastest land animal, reaching speeds between 112 and 120 km/h.
- Although it can reach high speeds, its body cannot stand long distance running.
- They are mostly found in Africa and South Western Asia.
- The Cheetah is a carnivore, eating mostly mammals under 40 kg.
- They usually avoid fighting and will surrender a kill immediately to even a single hyena, rather than risk injury.
Step 1: Begin by drawing the nose of the Cheetah.
Step 2: Sketch the lower chest.
Step 3: Draw the upper back in a slight curve.
Step 4: Begin to add the first steps of the legs.
Step 5: Complete the legs by adding the rear sections to the limbs.
Step 6: Draw the Tail and add the lower stomach.
Step 7: Finish the last leg and add in some grass to complete the drawing.
Here’s how your final rendering of the Cheetah should look:
Use this example to help you shade the Cheetah and add a realistic look and dimension:
Here’s a 36 second video showing a simple way to draw a Cheetah step by step, feel free to pause the video to follow each step.