In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Chimpanzee in 9 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Chimpanzee.
Here are some interesting facts about the Chimpanzee you might find interesting.
- The male common chimp is up to 1.7 m high when standing, and weighs as much as 70 kg; the female is somewhat smaller.
- Chimpanzee testicles are unusually large for their body size, with a combined weight of about 4 ounces.
- Chimpanzees reach puberty at an age of between 8 and 10 years and rarely live past the age of 40 in the wild, but have been known to reach the age of more than 60 in captivity.
- Chimpanzees make tools and use them to acquire foods.
- They engage in apparently altruistic behaviour within groups, but are indifferent to the welfare of unrelated group members.
Step 1: Begin by starting with the top of the head.
Step 2: Continue drawing the left side of the head and ears.
Step 4: Draw the beginning section of the hands.
Step 6: Sketch the back and lower right leg.
Step 7: Complete the left arm and elbow.
Step 8: Draw in the face area and complete the lower legs.
Step 9: Finalize the face details and you’re finished!