In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Cobra in 9 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Cobra.
Here are some interesting facts about the Cobra you might find interesting.
- When disturbed, most of these snakes can rear up and spread their neck (or hood) in a characteristic threat display.
- A Cobra can reach a length of almost 6 m.
- The preferred diet of most Cobras is a mixture of rodents and birds.
- Cobras are mostly found in the desert regions of Africa and Asia.
- A Cobra bite, in the most severe cases, can cause death within 10 minutes.
Step 1: Start by drawing the beginning section of the jaw.
Step 3: Draw the lower jaw and begin to sketch the curves of the body.
Step 4: Add the thickness to the body and head.
Step 5: Add the final fang and more body width.
Step 6: Draw the outline of the coiled body.
Step 7: Add the right side of the Cobra head.
Step 8: Draw in the inner body details to give the snake a pattern.
Step 9: Draw in the eye and finish the body details to complete the Cobra.
Here’s another style you can copy to draw a Cobra. It’s a 3:44 min video from YouTube.