How To Draw a Dolphin
In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a realistic Dolphin in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the simple Dolphin.
Here are some interesting facts about the Dolphin you might find interesting, especially for kids.
- There are almost forty species of dolphin.
- They vary in size from 1.2 m and 40 kg, up to 9.5 m and 10 tonnes.
- They evolved 10 million years ago.
- Most dolphins have acute eyesight, both in and out of the water, and they can hear frequencies ten times or more above the upper limit of adult human hearing.
- They do have a sense of taste and show preferences for certain kinds of fish.
Step 1: Begin by drawing the basic outline of what will become the body and head.
Step 2: Draw the nose.
Step 4: Draw the upper fin and the beginning section of the tail.
Step 5: Sketch the lower jaw and under belly of the tail section.
Step 6: Draw in the eye, fin details and finish the tail section to wrap up the Dolphin.
Here’s a 6 minute video showing you some basic drawing techniques and steps to drawing another version of a Dolphin.