How To Draw a Donkey
In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Donkey in 9 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Donkey.
Here are some interesting facts about the Donkey you might find interesting.
- They have a pregnancy period of about twelve months.
- Most domestic donkeys range from 0.9 to over 1.4 m tall.
- The best-known call is referred to a “bray,” which can be heard for over three kilometers.
- Donkeys in the wild can defend themselves with a powerful kick of their hind legs as well as by biting and striking with their front feet.
- Donkeys have a notorious reputation for stubbornness.
Step 1: Draw a line to represent the top of the head and nose.
Step 2: Finish the head by drawing the lower jaw.
Step 3: Sketch the ears and chest.
Step 4: Draw the upper and lower body sections.
Step 5: Draw the beginning lines for the legs and hooves.
Step 6: Extend the legs into the body.
Step 7: Draw the remaining legs on the far side.
Step 8: Draw the second ear and sketch in the tail.
Step 9: Add the tail details and finish the head sections to complete the Donkey drawing.
Here’s a 35 second rendering of how to draw a Cartoon style donkey. Pause the video to see each step.