How To Draw a Dragonfly
In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Dragonfly in 8 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Dragonfly.
Here are some interesting facts about the Dragonfly you might find interesting.
- Even though dragonflies possess 6 legs, they are not capable of walking.
- Dragonflies are valuable predators that eat mosquitoes, and other small insects like flies, bees, ants, and butterflies.
- They are usually found around lakes, ponds, streams and wetlands because their nymphs are aquatic.
- Dragonflies can be found all over the world, with more than 5,000 described species.
- The males of some of its species are territorial, defending their domain from other males who enter.
Step 1: Draw the center of the body using an oval shape.
Step 2: Add to the body 2 more sections.
Step 3: Draw in the tail section.
Step 4: Draw the first of the 4 wings.
Step 5: Draw the second set of wings.
Step 6: Add the eyes and draw in some wings details.
Step 7: Sketch the body details.
Step 8: Finalize the wings by adding the webbing details, this finishes the How To Draw a Dragonfly.
Here’s a short 36 second video on Drawing an Dragonfly step-by-step.