How To Draw a Fish
In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a realistic Fish in 6 easy steps. This Free step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the simple Fish.
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids with easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Here are some interesting facts about the Fish you might find interesting.
- Most fish are cold-blooded, allowing their body temperatures to vary as ambient temperatures change.
- There are 31,500 species of fish.
- Fish range in size from the huge 16 metres whale shark to the tiny 8 millimetres stout infantfish.
- Nearly all daylight fish have color vision that is at least as good as a human’s.
- Fish have pain and fear responses.
Step 1: Draw the outline of the upper body of the Fish.
Step 2: Sketch the front of the Fish.
Step 3: Draw the under belly of the Fish.
Step 4: Draw the upper and lower fins.
Step 5: Add the lower front fins and complete the tail section.
Step 6: Add the eyes and final fin on the body to complete this simple Fish drawing!
Here’s is a short 1:13 minute video showing you how to draw another version of a Fish.