How To Draw a Flamingo
In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Flamingo in 7 easy steps. This Free step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Flamingo.
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids with real easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Here are some interesting facts about the Flamingo you might find interesting.
- There are six recognised species of Flamingos.
- Flamingos often stand on one leg, the other tucked beneath the body.
- Flamingos produce a “milk” like pigeon milk due to the action of a hormone called prolactin.
- Both parents nurse their chicks for about two months.
- Flamingos often stamp their webbed feet in the mud to stir up food from the bottom.
Step 1: Draw the beginning section of the top of the wing and back.
Step 2: Sketch the neck.
Step 3: Add the rear feathers and head detail.
Step 4: Add the lower neck and underbelly to the body.
Step 5: Draw the beak, inner feather detail and add the legs outline.
Step 6: Complete the legs and inner feather.
Step 7: Add the eys and facial details, complete by drawing some circles to represent the Flamingo standing in water.
Here’s a 2:27 minute video showing you how to sketch and fill in with a Sharpied Flamingo.