In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Fly in 8 easy steps. This Free step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Fly.
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids with real easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Here are some fun facts about the Fly you might find interesting.
- An adult housefly is 8–12 mm long.
- Each female fly can lay approximately 500 eggs in several batches of about 75 to 150.
- Houseflies feed on feces, open sores, sputum, and moist decaying organic matter such as spoiled food, eggs and flesh. Houseflies can take in only liquid foods.
- The housefly accounts for 90$ of all the flies in human habitations.
- The adults live from two weeks to a month in the wild, or longer in bening laboratory conditions.
Step 1: Draw the front of the Flies head/nose.
Step 2: Complete the front section.
Step 3: Draw the beginning step of the body.
Step 4: Complete the eyes.
Step 5: Draw the body and add the front legs.
Step 6: Sketch the 4 additional legs.
Step 7: Add the leg details.
Step 8: Draw the wings to complete this simple drawing of a realistic fly!
Here’s a 6:23 minute video showing you how to sketch a simple Fly.