In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a realistic Giraffe in 9 easy steps. This Free step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Giraffe.
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids with real easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Here are some fun facts about the Giraffe you might find interesting.
- The Giraffe is the tallest of all land-living animal species.
- It is approximately 4.3 metres to 5.2 metres tall, although the tallest male recorded stood almost 6 metres.
- Its range extends from Chad in Central Africa to South Africa.
- They will drink large quantities of water when available, which enables them to live for extended periods in dry, arid areas.
- The appearance of horns is a reliable method of identifying the sex of giraffes, with the females displaying tufts of hair on the top of the horns, whereas males’ horns tend to be bald on top — an effect of necking in combat.
Step 1: Begin by drawing the nose of the Giraffe.
Step 2: Draw the lower jaw.
Step 3: Draw in the ears.
Step 4: Draw the neck outline.
Step 5: Add to the neck by connecting the body.
Step 6: Start to draw the legs.
Step 7: Add leg outlines and under belly.
Step 8: Add the head detail and complete the legs.
Step 9: Add the eyes and body details to complete this realistic Giraffe.
Here’s a 7 minute video showing you how to draw a Cartoon style Giraffe.