How To Draw a Grasshopper
In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Grasshopper in 9 easy steps. This Free step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Grasshopper.
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids with real easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Here are some fun facts about the Grasshopper you might find interesting.
- They use their colour to hide in the green grass.
- Male grasshoppers sing to attract their mates and to warn off other males.
- There are more than 20,000 species of grasshoppers.
- A Grasshopper can leap to 20 times the length of its own body.
- They range from 1/2 to 4 inch in length.
Step 1: Begin by drawing the front of the head.
Step 2: Add more to the head section.
Step 3: Draw the rear leg.
Step 4: Draw the body.
Stpe 6: Draw the underbelly and the second leg.
Step 7: Draw the 4 legs.
Step 8: Add the body details and the antennae.
Step 9: Finish the legs, add the eyes and mouth to complete this drawing of the Grasshopper.
Here’s a 26 second video showing you how to draw a grasshopper, the only problem it’s a little complicated so I recommend you pause the video to see how to draw each section. It was the only video I could find on drawing a Grasshopper.