How To Draw a Horse
In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Horse in 8 easy steps. This Free step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Horse.
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids with real easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Here are some fun facts about the Horse you might find interesting.
- Horses are able to sleep both standing up and lying down.
- There are over 300 breeds of horses in the world.
- Depending on breed, management and environment, the domestic horse today has a life expectancy of 25 to 30 years.
- Horses have a skeleton that averages 205 bones.
- Horses sense contact as subtle as an insect landing anywhere on the body.
Step 1: Begin by drawing the forehead of the Horse.
Step 2: Draw the lower neck.
Step 3: Sketch the upper neck and lower back towards the tail.
Step 4: Draw the beginning of the front legs and the rear legs.
Step 5: Add a few more lines to the front and rear legs, don’t forget to add the ear.
Step 6: Finish the underbelly and the 2 legs and hooves.
Step 7: Draw the 2nd set of legs.
Step 8: Finish by drawing the main and tail to complete this drawing of the Horse.
There are so many videos on drawing Horses it was hard to choose. I picked this video because it was very simple, great for beginners and kids using simple shapes you can draw this Horse.