In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Kangaroo in 6 easy steps. This Free step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Kangaroo.
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids with real easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Here are some fun facts about the Kangaroo you might find interesting.
- The Kangaroo is a national symbol of Australia.
- Kangaroos are the only large animals to use hopping as a means of locomotion.
- The average life expectancy of a kangaroo is about 4–6 years.
- Different species of Kangaroos have different diets, although all are strict herbivores.
- To move at slow speeds, the Kangaroo uses its tail to form a tripod with its two forelimbs. It then raises its hind feet forward, in a form of locomotion called “crawl-walking.”
Step 1: Start by drawing the nose and head.
Step 2: Draw the ears and the start of the neck.
Step 3: Add the beginning of the body down to the tail.
Step 4: Finish the tail and add the center section of the body.
Step 5: Add the front arms and the rear legs.
Step 6: Finish the Kangaroo by adding the second arm and second rear leg, don’t forget the eye and you’re done drawing the Kangaroo!
Here’s an HD 7 minute video of how to draw a cool looking Kangaroo, the great thing about an HD video is you can fullscreen it to really see the details.