How To Draw a Koala
In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Koala in 8 easy steps. This Free step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Koala.
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids with real easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Here are some fun facts about the Koala you might find interesting.
- The koala is found in coastal regions of eastern and southern Australia.
- The koala lives almost entirely on eucalypt leaves.
- Koalas spend about three of their five active hours eating.
- Koalas can be aggressive towards each other, throwing a foreleg around their opponent and biting, though most aggressive behavior is brief squabbles.
- They weigh about 30 pounds and on average grow to be 2 feet tall.
Step 1: Draw a slightly curved line to represent the top of the head.
Step 2: Draw the ears on both sides.
Step 3: Finish the outline of the head.
Step 5: Draw the back and the outline of the arms and leg.
Step 6: Connect the front body.
Step 7: Draw an outline of a Tree trunk in the background.
Step 8: Add the claws and facial details to finish the drawing of the Koala.
Here’s a 4.40 minute video showing you how to draw another version of a Koala climbing a tree.