In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Komodo Dragon in 8 easy steps. This Free step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Komodo Dragon.
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids with real easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Here are some fun facts about the Komodo Dragon you might find interesting.
- It is a member of the monitor lizard family.
- Grows to an average length of 2-3 m (6.6 to 9.8 ft) and weighing around 70 kg (150 lb).
- Komodo Dragons are carnivores and they normally ambush live prey with a stealthy approach.
- They are normally found in the islands of Komodo and in Indonesia.
- Komodo dragon eggs are incubated for a period of 7-8 months before they hatch.
Step 1: Begin by drawing the nose.
Step 2: Add the jaw.
Step 3: Draw the lower neck.
Step 4: Draw the back towards the tail.
Step 5: Draw the rear leg and the beginning section of the front leg.
Step 6: Draw the under belly.
Step 7: Draw in the claws for the feet.
Step 8: Add the final details (tongue and eye) to complete the drawing of the Komodo Dragon.
Here’s a quick 40 second video giving you another perspective on drawing a Komodo.