How To Draw a Manta Ray
In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Manta Ray in 8 easy steps. This Free step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Manta Ray.
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids with real easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Here are some fun facts about the Manta Ray you might find interesting.
- They are found in temperate and tropical waters near continents and island groups of all oceans.
- They are cartilaginous (have cartilage) fishes also called devil rays and sea bats.
- The largest, Atlantic Manta, can measure 7 meters (23 ft).
- They have wing like pectoral fins.
- The fish is harmless to humans, but its thrashing when caught can be dangerous.
Step 1: Begin by drawing the front fin, it almost looks like a boot.
Step 2: Finish the head fin by drawing the right side.
Step 3: Draw the left main body.
Step 4: Draw the right side of the body.
Step 5: Connect the two side of the body.
Step 6: Add the tail.
Step 7: Add the body details.
Step 8: Finish the drawing by adding the eyes and the mouth to complete this drawing of the Manta Ray.
Your completed Drawing should look something like this:
Use this example to shade your drawing so it has dimension and a realistic look.
Here’s a very quick video showing you another way to draw a Manta Ray, I recommend pausing the video at each step in order to better follow the process.