In this drawing tutorial we’ll show you how to draw a Moose in 8 easy steps. This Free step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Moose.
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids with real easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Here are some fun facts about the Moose you might find educational.
- This is the largest member of the deer family.
- Moose is the name used in America but in Europe and Asia it is referred to as Elk.
- Some bulls (male moose) weigh more than 760 kg (1600 lb).
- They are herbivores (they only feed on plants).
- The average life span of a moose is about 5-6 years although some can live as long as 20 years.
Step 1: Begin by drawing the top of the snout.
Step 2: Add the ear and the lower jaw.
Step 3: Draw the lower neck.
Step 4: Draw the upper back.
Step 5: Sketch the legs.
Step 6: Add the underbelly and begin to sketch the Horns.
Step 7: Add the second set of legs.
Step 8: Finish the Horns, add the facial details like the eye and lower scruff below the chin to finish this drawing of the Moose.
Your Final drawing should look something like this:
Use this example to lightly shade in the details of the Moose to give it a realistic look.
This is a quick way to draw a Moose Head , more of a Cartoon looking Moose head.