In this drawing tutorial we’ll show you how to draw a Mountain Goat in 8 easy steps. This Free step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Mountain Goat.
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids with real easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Here are five fun facts about the Mountain Goat you might find educational.
- A large hoofed mammal found in North America.
- It is a good climber and often rest on rocky cliffs where predators cannot reach.
- Both male and female mountain goats have beards, short tails and long black horns.
- In winter, their coats can help them withstand temperatures as low as -50 degrees Fahrenheit (-45.6 degrees Celsius).
- Mountain goats are herbivores and spend most of their time grazing.
The following steps will show you how to Draw a Mountain Goat step by step.
Step 1: Begin by drawing the nose of the Mountain Goat
Step 2: Add the ear and the top of the Head.
Step 3: Add the back
Step 4: Sketch the lower jaw, adding the beard and lower chest.
Step 5: Draw the under belly and thighs for each leg.
Step 6: Complete the legs by adding the hoofs.
Step 7: Finish the second set of legs.
Step 8: Finish the drawing by adding the last details, add the horns and eyes to complete the drawing of the Moutain Goad.
You’re completed Drawing should look something like this:
Use the following example of the Mountain Goat to add your shading, giving the Mountain Goat a life like appearance.
Get more lessons on drawing Mountain Goats and over 100 other animals in our Drawing Collection.