How To Draw a Penguin
In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Penguin in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Penguin.
Here are some interesting facts about Penguins.
- There are a total of 18 species of penguins alive today in the world, five of which are endangered species.
- Though slow on land, penguins are the fastest type of bird in the water and also the deepest diving.
- Penguins typically spend 70% of their lives in the water.
- The average lifespan of a penguin in the wild is 15 to 20 years.
- Penguin species vary in weight from as light as 2 lbs (Fairy Penguin) to as heavy as 90 lbs (Emperor Penguin).
- Penguins nest in colonies that sometimes number in the millions.
Start drawing the penguin by following each of the 6 steps in sequence.
Step 1: Begin by drawing the beak of the penguin.
Step 2: Draw the head.
Step 3: Sketch the body and base of the feet.
Step 4: Draw its back and tail feathers.
Step 5: Sketch in the penguin’s wing and feet.
Step 6: Draw in the eye and finishing touches to the beak, neck, back and toes.