In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw an Ant in 6 easy steps. This step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the ant.
Some interesting facts about the Ant you might not have known are:
- The Ant has an elbowed antennae and a distinctive node – like structure that forms a slender waist.
- They form colonies that range in size from hundreds to 100’s of thousands.
- Ants exist every where on the earth, except in Antartica and some remote islands.
- Every colony has a lot of workers or soldiers, a few drones and a queen (or in some cases a few queens).
- Ant societies run on the division of labour, on communication between individuals, and the ability to solve complex problems.
In this lesson we’ll show you how to draw a basic Ant in 6 steps.
Step 3: Draw the body and add the legs.
Step 4: Add more details to the head and some additional legs.
Step 5: Sketch in the Eye, Add the antennae and some details to the body.
Step 6: Finalize the legs by giving them some width.
Here’s a fun video on drawing a cartoon Ant I found on YouTube you might enjoy: