How To Draw an Ant
How To Draw an Ant in a 6 step by step lesson, follow easy steps until you have a completed drawing of an Ant.
Some interesting facts about the Ant you might not have known are:
- The Ant has an elbowed antennae and a distinctive node – like structure that forms a slender waist.
- They form colonies that range in size from hundreds to 100′s of thousands.
- Ants exist every where on the earth, except in Antartica and some remote islands.
- Every colony has a lot of workers or soldiers, a few drones and a queen (or in some cases a few queens).
- Ant societies run on the division of labour, on communication between individuals, and the ability to solve complex problems.
In this lesson we’ll show you how to draw a basic Ant in 6 steps.
Step 3: Draw the body and add the legs.
Step 4: Add more details to the head and some additional legs.
Step 5: Sketch in the Eye, Add the antennae and some details to the body.
Step 6: Finalize the legs by giving them some width.
Here’s a fun video on drawing a cartoon Ant I found on YouTube you might enjoy: