In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw an Elephant in 8 easy steps. This Free step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Elephant.
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Here are some interesting facts about the Elephant you might find interesting.
- Three species of Elephant are living today: the African Bush Elephant, the African Forest Elephant and the Asian Elephant (also known as the Indian Elephant).
- The Elephant’s gestation period is 22 months, the longest of any land animal.
- At birth it is common for an Elephant calf to weigh 120 kilograms.
- They typically live for 50 to 70 years, but the oldest recorded Elephant lived for 82 years.
- They have a brilliant memory and never forget.
Step 1: Begin by drawing the forehead of the Elephant.
Step 2: Draw the outline of the tusks.
Step 3: Sketch the back and lower chest.
Step 4: Start to draw the outline of the legs from the body.
Step 5: Draw the under belly, tail and beginning of the snout.
Step 6: Finish the feet of the first 2 legs.
Step 7: Add the 2 remaining legs.
Step 8: Add the eyes, ears and the feet details to complete the Drawing of the Elephant.
Here’s a quick 28 second video showing you how to draw a very simple Elephant.