How To Draw an Octopus
In this drawing tutorial we’ll show you how to draw a Octopus in 6 easy steps. This Free step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Octopus.
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids with real easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Here are five fun facts about the Octopus you might find educational.
- It is a marine animal classified as a mollusk (soft bodied animals).
- The octopus is characterized by a soft body with a well-developed brain and by eight arms bearing two rows of suckers each.
- An octopus spends much of its life in hiding.
- Many species such as common octopus can grow to about 1 meter (about 3 ft) long.
- Octopuses are highly intelligent, probably the most intelligent of all invertebrates (animals without a backbone).
Step 1: Draw the outline of the head.
Step 2: Add more body.
Step 3: Add the first of the tentacles.
Step 4: Draw the eyes and another tentacle.
Step 5: Add two more tentacles and the eye detail.
Step 6: Add more body details and finish the eye.
Use the following sketch as an example of how your drawing should look.
Shade in the sketch like the following image.